Saturday 11 October 2014

Biswa Bangla!

Four days flew away in a flicker
N gave this experience memorable..
If not for Providence n His grace
I wouldn't have travelled at this pace..

Life has become wonderful again!
Let me say it again..
Wonderful people make life Awesome!

From the sudden sight of a board showing Shakespeare Sarani to the picturesque view of kali temple seen while on a boat in the mighty ganges;
From the majestic dome of Victoria Memorial Museum to the old charm of a Presbyterian Church in this city that calls me everytym to His fold;
From a beautiful Bengal calling one's senses to enjoy Sunderbans to the folksongs that I enjoyed while on the cruise to Sunderbans resounding Bondhbona (don't tie);
From reading a translated copy of Tagore's Sheshir Kobitha (farewell song) to the old tym English song 'must have been love' I heard while shopping;
From shopping big bindis (@2 per sheet) in red n black to dacca muslin sarees for this Advent Season for mum, akka n myself;
From the best gift in music from the land of sweetness for my daughter (a piano for Blessy papa) to the food we enjoyed at China South in Quest mall;
From the quest of places familiar in visits earlier n hearsay to querying about frenz n my DSE fraternity; 
From being pampered in the airport by the customs community to the engaging discourses about rural Bengal n littoral lives of boatmen;
From mishti doi to bendi poshtho;
From dada to dido..

Enjoyed every bit of the last hundred hours.. There was everything waiting to bring back radiance in my life n i feel grateful to Him than before for these good times.

Enjoyed this independence; the idea of freedom; the element of madness; the bit of intellect; the uniqueness of Bengalis; above all, the feeling of joy!

Enjoyed the company of my bestest friend Dr.Shashikala Ma'am, her tiny tot Raaj, my tallest friend Hirak, his mum n home.. Loved every bit of my stay n will treasure this friendship alwayz dada!

Back from the city of joy n shall alwayz remember the city of joy as Biswa Bangla..
coz certainly Bengal is a world in itself!