Monday 16 May 2011

Yester Evening Felicitation

Had great time last evening. Acquaintances and friends in Vijayawada gathered for a party and there was festive mood at the Swarna Palace. I delivered my first speech as an I.A.S. selectee, apart from the row of interviews I gave last week to the media people. Spoke from my heart, as a woman. Spoke about my existence, my identity, Mr. VIJAYA KUMAR's eldest son.
My entire family was present there. Thanked everyone who wished me this success and had faith in me. It will surely remain a sweet memory. My parents were crowned on my achievement. I owe it to them, their blessings and prayers.
Several people did hint me on the assignments I have to take up in future and the Minister for Rural Development, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh has graced the occasion and delivered a good piece of lecture.
A day I looked forward for ages...it did happen. A dream come true indeed!