Thursday 22 August 2013

On this place that I will fondly miss…

It’s time to wait and look back
Into the quick year that rolled by;
It’s time to await and look ahead
Into the brief time that is now nigh...

Certainly,
It’s time to remember and say thanks
To all those who stood by my side
With Empathy and Concern –
Empathy, which was genuine, deliberate,
True, without any attached ‘but or so’,
With Concern, that I so much sought,
Shown even if I did not deserve though.
 
And,
It’s a time to honor and give thanks
Unto Him who scripted these times
Of Courage and Conviction –
Yes, of huge Courage, which consciously
Comforted me as I drank the sorrows away;
Of Conviction, that assured me relentlessly
Echoing that 'goodness will make the way'.

Needless to say,
On this last day,
At an hour past two,
It’s hard to doze off to
Sleep in a place such as this,
A place that I will fondly miss…